Sunday, November 15, 2009

weekend warrior. bulletin board.

I needed a bulletin board for my home office. But of course I didn't want to hang a boring plain cork board. That's just not how I roll. So I jazzed it up a little. Here's how I did it...

I started off with gathering my supplies.
~Cork board
~Fabric
~Buttons
~Ribbon
~Scissors
~Stapler
~Push pins
~Hot glue gun

102_0807

Then I cut my fabric about 2 inches bigger than my cork board.

102_0808

I then placed my fabric upside down and laid the cork board upside down on top of that. Next, I stapled the fabric to the back of the board, starting in the middle of each side, making sure that the fabric is pulled tight.

102_0809

To make clean corners, I folded them like a present and then stapled them in place.

102_0811

The board should like this at this point.

102_0815

I then took ribbon and made a crossed pattern securing the pieces to the back with staples.

102_0819

Taking my buttons, I hot glued them to push pins.

102_0827

Then I placed them where the ribbons crossed.

102_0834

Finally, it can be hung on the wall for all your important notes.

102_0836

I chose a fabric and buttons that matched my brand. What would you do to make a super chic bulletin board like this one?


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment