Monday, November 9, 2009

trend sighting. polka dots

trend. n. A general tendency or inclination. Synonym: Tendency.

We all follow them, whether it's intentional or not. An it's ok. It's the natural flow of things. One trend I have been seeing lately is polka-dots. I have to admit I have definitely jumped on that bandwagon. It's one of my current obsessions, right along with peacock feathers. lol. But trends are not only seen in fashion design, we see them in branding designs...logos, stationery, websites. I even have a form of polka-dots in my own branding with the words forming a circle. You can check that out here.

I've also been using polka-dots in my recent designs...

Pink_Bubbles

PolkaDot_Flowers_FINAL

Snowflake_PolkaDots

Thumb-Drive

The great thing about polka-dots are that they are fun and can be used in a variety of ways. Aligned, different sizes, different colors, arranged in pictures...the options are limitless.

Here is another polka-dot design I've been digging...

ShellyKeefe_Logo
Shelly designed her own logo. Isn't it refreshing a playful.

What do you think? Is this a trend worth following?

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment