Thursday, September 11, 2008

In Remembrance

Today marks the seventh anniversary of the attacks of 9/11/2001. I would like to take this time to remember all those who have lost their lives on that day, those who have lost their lives fighting for our country and those who have fought and are still fighting for our country. All of these people are heroes. They hold the standard as to what an American is.

I can not believe it has been 7 years. And as I hold back overwhelming tears, I remember that horrible day like it was yesterday. I was a senior in high school. The first attack happened when I was in gym class. And as I walked into my next class, Mr. Albertson's Photography 2, I was the first one in the class, I saw Mr. Albertson with a look of disbelief on his face watching the news. He explained to me what was happening before our eyes on live television. A few moments later the second attack occurred. And I watched it on television, like it was a movie. Only, it wasn't a movie it was a reality. A reality that would change so many lives forever, a reality that would unite America. Eventually we were ordered to turn off our televisions. I suppose the faculty feared that it would upset those who had family in the areas and those who had loved ones in the military. But to this day, I don't think that was right. We were all upset, whether the TV was on or not. We mine as well know what was happening to our country. But never the less we went on with the rest of the school day without information, without knowing. I remember driving home that day in awe as I listened to the radio discuss what had happened. It was a sad sad day.

So I ask everyone to remember that day, what they were doing and how they felt. And I invite you to share with me your thoughts and prayers for our fallen heroes as well as those who fight to make sure that it will never happen again.




God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment