Friday, May 22, 2009

Resume

I'm done! I'm done! I'm done! I have officially finished the CAD program at ITT-Tech. I now have an Associates of Science in Computer Drafting and Design to hang on the wall. As I have been shelling out resumes the last few weeks my hopes have been up and down. One week there are a bunch of jobs posted, the next week nothing. I did a bunch of follow up calls today and half the companies have put their hiring on hold. On hold! Not what I want to hear. When is the economy going to get better. Give it a booster shot and lets move on people. Seriously, this girl needs a career. Not, a boring, mundane job that I have. A CAREER! In my desperate attempt to get my foot in the door I am going to post my resume here in hopes that someone will see it and say "O she will be great for this position." And yes I know this isn't the most professional prelude/cover letter to my resume. But maybe someone will see that I've got spunk. I've got determination. I've got a desire to join a company that I can utilize my skills and my creative mind to benefit both the company and myself.


Amanda L. Register
P.O. BOX 77373?Jacksonville, FL 32218
amanda@anoccasionaldesign.com
www.anoccasionaldesign.blogspot.com
(904) 579-6194



OBJECTIVE

To obtain a position in the field of Computer Drafting and Design where I can utilize my knowledge, creativity, and dedication to benefit my employer as well as myself.

EDUCATION

Associates of Science in Computer Drafting and Design; ITT-Technical Institute
9/2007- 6/2009 Jacksonville, FL 3.84 GPA

Associates of Arts in Fine Arts; Florida Community College of Jacksonville
2003-2007 Jacksonville, FL


TECHNICAL SKILLS


Programs:
* AutoCAD 2008
* AutoCAD Architecture 2008
* AutoCAD Civil 2008
* AutoDesk VIZ 2008
* AutoDesk Inventor
* Adobe Photoshop CS3
* Macromedia Fireworks
* Macromedia Dreamweaver
* Adobe Acrobat
* Microsoft Office 2007
* Quickbooks


Personal:
* Customer Service
* Oral Communication
* Written Communication
* Quick Learner
* Very Organized
* Type 45 WPM
* Self-motivated
* Multi-tasker
* Dedicated
* Creative
EXPERIENCE

Equipment Control Clerk 1/2008-Current
Boasso America Corp. Jacksonville, FL
* Check-in and check-out intermodal tank containers.
* Oversee the progress of each tank while it is in the depot.
* Process billing for the tank department.


Customer Service Representative 11/2007-1/2008
Football Fanatics Jacksonville, FL
* Assisted customers in call center environment.
* Handled emails and inquiries.
* Processed returns and exchanges.

Administrative Assistant 5/2007-9/2007
Air-Max Heating & Cooling, Inc. Orange Park, FL
* Provided support for the sales team.
* Answered multi-line telephone.
* Typed proposals.
* Created job folders and entered them into database.
* Made appointments for the sales and service department.
* Kept track of recall information.
* Pulled permits and scheduled inspections.
* Put together Submittals and O&M Manuals.

Service Reservationist 2/2003-11/2006
Mike Shad Ford at the Avenues Jacksonville, FL
* Started in this company as a receptionist, managing the switchboard.
* Ran daily reports using Compass as well as managed fuel receipts and supplies for salesmen.
* I was then promoted to Service Reservations in the Business Development Center.
* Made appointments for automotive service department from inbound and outbound calls.
* Printed daily reports for service advisors and managers using Reynolds and Reynolds and ADP.
* Kept track of reports such as Additional Service Request and Technician Daily Hours.
* Created the First Appointment process to increase amount of retained customers.
* Created new forms as well as redesigned forms to increase organization.
* Reached the goal of a MTD Average of 60 appointments every month.
* Employee of the Month, April 2006.


ACTIVITIES
* National Technical Honor Society Member
* CDD Student Club Vice President
* Participated in Gallery Shows on the South and Kent Campus of FCCJ
* Freelance under An Occasional Design doing graphic design projects such as invitations, logos and stationery.
* Write a design blog under An Occasional Design.
* Photography and personal arts and crafts projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment