Monday, November 3, 2008

NAS Air Show 2008

Jack and I went to the air show at NAS Jax and let me tell you about our experience. We went Sunday afternoon. We figured we'd be get there just in time for the Blue Angels because we didn't want to stay the whole day. Boy, was that a mistake. After sitting on the Buckman Bridge for 45 minutes we finally made it into the gate. We parked and started walking and walking and walking. We finally get to a parking lot and then they tell us they weren't letting anybody else in because the Blue Angels were about to start. What? So we kinda hang out in the parking lot along the runway for a few minutes along with everybody else. Then we hear that we can get into the other gate but we have to walk around. They closed the one we were at because it was the staging area. So we proceed to walk around to the other gate. About 3 miles later we finally get there. At this point I am so exhausted I feel like I was going to pass out. Why they had to put the staging area between a parking lot with the no food, water or bathrooms and the gate is beyond me. But I wasn't the only happy camper. Let me add that while we are hiking our way to the gate the Blue Angels are doing there thing so we got to see what we could through the buildings. We did catch the tail end of the show and got a few good pics. After our oohs and aahs we walked around and looked at all the air crafts and then it was time to head on back. I thought I was going to die!!!!! I swear it was like 10 miles. Did I mention I had flip flops on and the sun was beaming right on down my forehead! Of course Jack just seemed all fine and dandy. I guess that shows you who works in the heat all day and who sits at a desk and types blogs. lol. By the time we got back to the car I latterly fell into it. I told Jack that I better had lost 10 pounds with all this walking but noooo not a darn pound. Errr. So that it my experience at the base. It definitely wasn't as good as the last visit about 9 years ago. But that's another story for another day...maybe. ;)

Here's a few of the pics we got.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I love this shot!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment